Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Share | 

Protecting Yourself from a Ripper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
F.L.Z
Admin

PostSubject: Protecting Yourself from a Ripper   Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Ok I'm far from an expert on this topic as I have had my fair share of names ripped, as many of us had. Having said this there are some ways to help prevent this from happening, even if you get key logged. One piece of advice is to keep a real notebook on your computer desk or in a drawer with you pass list, illy list and all info on those illies. (Birthdates, sq, altemail..etc) As much info as you can, this way even if your computer become compromised, you still have the info. Another tip, use a locked password protector. I like dropbox myself go here to see the features:
https://www.dropbox.com/features

This is a big help for those of you that have lists, keeps everything neat and secure. Keep this pass on your real notebook as well.

Ok last but not least, find out all the info off the ids you have. If you didn’t make them yourself, look at them, get the birthday, date made, zip code, address, emails all of it...everything. The more info you have, the easier it is to get back if you need to.

Of course you can add other things as well..cell numbers, changing the sq, things like that help too..but for trades or sales it's best if the ids are clean.
Hope this helps, have a great day!

And here I always thought having a Trojan in your back door was a good thing...Who knew?
Back to top Go down
http://y-software.asiat-world.com

Protecting Yourself from a Ripper
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1